Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Blog Post #5: Cinematographer

Greetings,

A very interesting cinematographer I found out about recently is a foreign film director by the name of Tonino Valerii. Tonino Valerii has directed movies like My Name is Nobody, A Reason to Live, A Reason to Die, and other old movies from the 60s. My Name is Nobody, released in 1973, is a spaghetti western about a famous gunslinger who wants to retire but can't because of his biggest fan Nobody. The thing I like best about his movie My Name Is Nobody, is the movement of the background characters. Whenever the main characters are talking or something, the background is lively and very realistic (the extras aren't wandering around, unsure of what to do and where to go). Not only are the background characters spot on, but the camera angles are very interesting; there are plenty of closeups and strange angles used.



Below is the bar scene from My Name Is Nobody; concentrate not only on the background characters but also the different camera angles too. Even though it is an older movie, I still find it funny and interesting.

No comments: